Sometimes you just need something a little indulgent to get you through the day. This deliciously moist and flavorsome lemon curd cake is simple to make and is best served warm with a dash of cream.
170g Gluten free self raising flour
1 tsp Baking powder
120g Butter or margarine
170g Caster Sugar
2-3 tbsp Milk
2-3 tbsp Lemon Curd
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
(The ‘all-in-one’ method also works for this recipe!)
1. Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk, lemon curd and mix thoroughly.
2. Add the flour and baking powder and stir through until you have a light mixture. If the mixture is too dense, add a little more milk or lemon curd.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin and bake in the oven at 180C for around 35-40 minutes. Test the cake is cooked by piercing with a knife. If the knife is clean the cake is cooked.
4. Take the cake out of the loaf tin and place on a rack to cool.
5. Once cooled, slice in half horizontally and add a layer of lemon curd in the middle (optional)
Best served warm with double cream or ice cream… delicious!